05/08/2013

Arundel Castle | family day trip

Hello Everyone!! So sorry for not posting more but I was getting stressed over my first shift at my first job (which actually went fine, despite the back-breaking work and 11 hour shift) but now that its over I am feeling relaxed and ready to blog again :) So last Friday, me and my family decided to go to Arundel Castle and see what it had to offer! It was a really good day because when I was younger, we always used to visit castles so it was really nice to relieve that experience. Unfortunately, we went aloud to take pictures of the rooms inside of the castle but around the castle we were. I would recommend grabbing a cup of tea/coffee (or whatever drink you prefer) and a biscuit, lets get started!


 ^This is Arundel Castle, the family who inherited it actually still live in it today, woah.^
 ^ This is the castles courtyard, it would of been a good shot if that tree wasn't in the way! ^
^ this was the chapel, I'm not religious but it was quite nice. ^
^ This was outside of the chapel, I just thought it was a really nice little garden but how do those palm trees survive in England?! ^

^ this was one of the gardens, and honestly it was so so beautiful! It reminded me of the gardens out of Marie Antoinette if you've seen it. ^
^ This was a really interesting decoration because obviously being in a garden it has the nature theme, hence the holly leaves made out of bronze to decorate the pillars, but inside of this little hut was nothing but walls which were made entirely out of sticks, moss and all things nature! It was really interesting to see and it reminded me so so much of the lost boys hut that they made for Wendy in Peter Pan! ^
^ This was a fountain within a fountain within a waterfall and can I please have this garden?!^
^ I just really loved this fountain ok^
^ This is me and my dad! I think I was laughing and he was pulling a funny face, and that's why I really like this photo :) ^
^ My mum and dad, so cute aw^
^ This is the church opposite and part of the garden ^
 ^ this was so cute, a little arch way made out of branch and beautifully coloured flowers!^
^ What a creative way to decorate! Just tree stumps used a plant pots! ^
^ This was such a interesting fountain because the crown on top of the water was being twisted and turned but the momentum of the water, nothing else was keeping it floating, I found pretty impressive^

Well that was my day out! It was so lovely and if you live in southern England you should definitely go and check this castle out! 
I think the next blog post is going to be extremely exciting, or if it's not the next one than it's the one after next! but hope you are all enjoying the sun or summer holidays :)
~Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment