19/09/2013

DofE experience!

I'm back from DofE!It was hard, tiring and physically painful but I still managed to return home with a smile on my face.If you don't know what DofE is, basically DofE stands for Duke of Edinburgh. It's a programme all about navigating in the wild, you know without a parent and just basically learning to explore. It also looks really good on your CV and there are three different heights you can complete it to: Bronze,Sliver and Gold. Bronze is what I did, where you camp for one night and walk for two. Sliver is where you camp for 2 nights and walk for 3, and I think Gold is camp for 3 nights and walk for 4, but I'm not going further than Bronze!
You may think "woah why not go on to sliver that sounds great" well I would go on to sliver if it wasn't for 10kg bags and 32km of walking and that was just Bronze! I'm really not sporty so this was hard for me, but overall I had a great time with my friends and barely getting lost.

Our aim work was "Where's Carys", so you can play this game!
One of my favourites haha
This was at like 9 in the morning 
Apparently I looked like Gollum
 We just got to the top of a VERY big hill!
 This was at 8 am on the last day, we wanted to get home as quickly as possible.
I was in a silly mood ok 
*Credit goes to Miss Lauren Tye for the fabulous photos*

So this was my DofE, It was fun but I am extremely glad to be home! 
Have you done DofE or anything similar?
~Thanks for reading~

5 comments:

  1. Well done on doing your bronze! I've done mine too- I think the worst part was definitely the night, our group managed to leave the tent unzipped and when we came back a few minutes later, it was infested with midges and insects! :S

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! well done to you too! ahh that sounds horrible, by the morning I was so ready to return to my own bed haha xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! Love your blog background ^^
    We like the same things, Harry Potter, Zalfie ;p, Dan and Phil!
    Great post :) Maybe we can follow each other?
    xoxo
    http://foreveramber123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! woah we do! sounds good to me :) xx

      Delete
  3. How fun! I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party TODAY (EVERY WEEKEND!). Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete