04/09/2013

Billy and Me | Book Review


  
Hello everyone!! So I thought I would try something different a do a book review because this book 'Billy and Me' by Giovanna Fletcher, the lucky wife of Tom Fletcher from Mcfly, literally blew me away! It's a romantic novel which is normally something I would try to avoid at all costs, but this book drew me in because 1) It had been mentioned a lot on twitter so I thought I would give it a go. 2) Sadly, yes one of the reasons I bought it was because it was wrote by Tom Fletcher's wife, Giovanna would probably hate me for that but at least I bought the book right?! 
"Sophie May has a secret.
One that she's successfully kept for years. It's meant that she's had to give up her dreams of going to university and travelling the world to stay in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local teashop.
But then she meets the gorgeous Billy - an actor with ambitions to make it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisked away from the comfort of her life into Billy's glamorous - but ruthless - world.
Their relationship throws Sophie right into the spotlight after years of shying away from attention. Can she handle the constant scrutiny that comes with being with Billy? And most of all, is she ready for her secret heartbreak to be discovered and shared with the nation?"
As soon as I picked up this book, I found it very very hard to put down! I read the first line of the blurb and I was already hooked,wanting to know what the secret was because I'm noisy like that. But I knew that this was a book that I will either love or hate, luckily I loved it! 

At points, I did feel like it got a bit cringy, but I think it worked in this book to demonstrate what their relationship was like to make it seem not so perfect as people might have thought. Also, there were also times where you kind of wanted it to be cringy because of the tension rising, you know when you just think "oh kiss already", and If an author can make you think & feel that then you know that they are a great author! Sometimes, I even found myself completely immersed in the book and started to feel the emotions of Sophie, like if she got angry, I released I was frowning! If she was happy, I was smiling and on a couple of occasions, I had to remind myself that it is just a book and I need to stop being genuinely angry towards people ha!  

The worst part of the book is when it ended, I was really unprepared and I'm sure if you read it, you will be too. I have found a new love for this book and I never ever wanted it to end. If  i'm honest, I genuinely didn't believe that I would enjoy this but it exceeded my expectations and escaped the stereotypical romance storyline, which is great. In my opinion, it closely relates to what Giovanna Fletcher's relationship was like at first with the busy heartthrob,Tom Fletcher. What I mean by this is that 'Billy and Me' shows that being in a relationship with an Actor, singer etc any profession in the media industry, does has it's ups and down's emotionally and physically: It's not all about living in the glam life. I find that it's also a reality check to many young girls like me who dream of marrying that singer or actor, that it won't be as perfect as you think. In the book, Giovanna also mentioned a really good line from when Sophie was talking to Billy: "Those teenage girls only imagine what you would be like, they don't know you"

I would highly recommend buying this book,  even if you aren't into the romantic novels like me! This book has found a snug place on my bookshelf next to John Green :-)

You can buy this book here from amazon if you are interested :-)
~Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment