24/09/2013

Bourjois Paris Colour Boost review | Orange punch




"With its melting formula, Color Boost leaves a radiant veil of colour on the lips with just enough shine and moisture to enhance each shade."
As you probably already know, recently Bourjois Paris released a new line of lip crayons called "Colour Boost" and as far as I know, they have been extremely successful with make-up artists and the general public. You may wonder why this is because to some people,they do just look like a child's 'Crayola' crayon, but I think it's because of the 4 bold shades they come in, they are very exclusive and unique when applied. They come in the shades of Orange Punch (the one in the photo, a beautiful orange that gives a healthy glow) Peach on the Beach (which is a subtle yet sweet pink), Fuschia Libre (a very vibrant and strong Fuschia) and Red Sunrise (which is very similar to Fuchia Libre, but a little more restricted in colour and reserved)
Also, they are said to include 10 hours of hydration, a SPF of 15 and waterproof color, 3 in 1! what a treat...

I recently purchased one of these in  'Orange Punch' to see what all the hype was about. At first, I wasn't sure about it and I didn't really see why everyone couldn't stop talk about it, but after the first use I knew exactly what made it so different. The colouring in this is so unique! It has like a well pigmented under layer to give a natural glow rather then a fluorescent fake colour, however it can be built up for a more bolder colour. (not a bright orange but a subtle shade) and then they top layer is like the finishing touch that gives the orange glow. They've built this as if they're building a house: A base structure and then some decoration on top, which I find works really well.
Bourjois also claim that it has "10 hour hydration" which I wouldn't go to that extent, but I would say that it definitely lasts a lot longer than a lipstick & it is extremely hydrating, but after about 5 hours I would say the moisture is gone.
What I also really like about this product is that it is so easy to apply because of the shape of the crayon, it just makes it easier and saves more time when you're in a rush. 
I seem to think that this product is a nice medium between lipsticks and lip-balms as it has the colourings of a lipstick but texture & hydration of a lip-balm, If they released more naturally shades, these would be perfect for school!
I used to stay quite far away from any glossy lip products as I used to think that they were sticky and generally looked slightly tacky on me, but thanks to these I have released that glossy doesn't have to be tacky and it can be moisturising, but not sticky
They only thing I would say is that they are slightly over-priced, but my lack of make-up experience is to blame! For all I know £7.99 could be a great price! Ah well, I will gain experience over time!
I am planning on purchasing "Peach on the beach", as soon as I can get my hands on one! They are literally sold out everywhere, I guess it's a popular colour...
Do you have any shades? Let me know :)

~Thanks for reading~
 | TwitterBloglovinPinterest 

4 comments:

  1. I love this product so much and am still wearing Peach on the beach, even though we're well into Autumn :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well peach on the beach is such a nice colour- it deserves to be worn 24/7! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been trying to meet dan and phil for such such a long time now and me and my friend are arranging to go down London and meet them after their radio show but we have no idea where the station actually is? would you mind emailing me at morgan.ine@hotmail.co.uk

    thank you soooo much xx

    ReplyDelete