06/06/2013

How to care for thick hair

Hello everyone! You already know but my hair but my hair is extremely thick (I hate it, but that's a post for another day) So because it's so thick it needs some extra care, otherwise it genuinely does resemble a bush. Here are some products that I use: 
                     

Right,so I used to use a simple de-frizz shampoo and conditioner because i thought it would work better, but instead it left my hair more damaged and if anything worse than before. I have yet to try the John Frieda Frizz Ease shampoo (If you have a review on this than please comment with the link!) but as till then the L'Oreal Elvive full restore 5 repairing shampoo and masque work amazingly well. I always come back to these as they leave my hair in the best possible condition and generally my hair looks healthier. It also makes my hair less knotty and more easy to manage. However, over the time when I was using a de-frizz shampoo, I invested in the TRESemme keratin deep treatment masque to try and restore my hair to it's previous healthy (ish) state, and it worked a treat! 
So that's my shower time done, then I use the TRESemme Platinum strength softening serum (on the bottle it says to use only 'a few pumps' but I have to use at least 6 for it to go through the many layers of hair I have) I'm really not sure what to think of this, because it seems to make my hair more greasy and I haven't really seen an improvement of the look either - but i'm going to keep using it until it runs out. I then comb through with a tangle teezer which I only got a couple of weeks ago but I think it is a definite must hair for thick haired people like me! 
The products:
Tangle Teezer
TRESemme Platinum strength softening serum
L'Oreal Elvive full restore 5 repairing shampoo
L'Oreal Elvive full restore 5 repairing masque
TRESemme keratin deep treatment masque

Because I'm so young, obviously i'm not experienced with hair care and so if you know of a great product to make thick hair more manageable and softer or you just have some general tips, please let me know!

Keep smiling!
~Thanks for reading~
P.s Quick side note, it's my birthday this weekend and so I won't post until Monday or later :-)
|Twitter|

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is so funny! I just stumbled you your post on Google+ right after entering mine finished a few minutes ago about more or less the same subject! I have new purchases from Garnier that I will be trying but if those don't do the job I may consider these. I know exactly what you mean about super thick hair. I too was blessed in that dept and would love to finally be able to have 48 hours straight good hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's weird! What products are you going to try? If you could link me to the post it would be great :-) Yes, thick hair is a pain! x

      Delete
    2. Here you go: http://icarias.blogspot.ca/2013/06/embarking-on-new-quest-for-perfect-hair.html#.UbDvOOddC8A :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you! and thanks for the follow :) x

      Delete