25/06/2013

Baby Birds!

Hello Everyone! Firstly, I would just like to say thank you all for 5500 blog views & for such a nice response to my 'Meeting Dan & Phil' post! I'm really happy that you are enjoying my blog :-)

Last Wednesday, I had a very dramatic evening! I just came home from school, ready to procrastinate on the internet when I was frantically called into the living room. It turns out that during the day, seeing as my sister has now finished school (insanely jealous), she found 2 baby bluetits in the garden! Unfortunately, they were surrounded by 3 dead ones, but we took the alive ones into our house and just stood there looking at them thinking "what the hell are we supposed to do with these?!" 



*sorry for the bad quality photos*
I genuinely felt like Snow White because the baby birds would hop onto my hands and most of the time refused to leave! 
Anyway, I was trying to figure out what to do with these abandoned birds because apparently you had to feed them every hour! I couldn't do that, I didn't even know what to feed them! Eventually, when I went to check on them, they both just looked up at me with their mouths open, I started to panic. I wasn't prepared to go hunting for worms and mash them up, So instead I got some meaty cat food, smashed it up very finely and this seemed to do the trick.
This bit was adorable, after the many feeds and sips of water, the baby birds fell asleep next to each other and we decided to take them to an wildlife center.

I actually don't know why I'm putting this up because I am pulling the most
 unattractive face, but hey  he was sitting on my finger! 
We gave my newly adopted children to Hart Wildlife who are taking brilliant care of them and even gave as a reference number if we want to know how they are doing :-)

 Have you ever found any wildlife in need of help?
~Thanks for reading~



4 comments:

  1. Aww how cute are those! Good job taking care of those fellows :)
    x,
    Lara
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I got so attached! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  2. that's a good thing you did :) giving them to the wildlife centre; they will get better care there :)

    Primed with Prettiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a good thing you did :) giving them to the wildlife centre; they will get better care there :)

    Primed with Prettiness

    ReplyDelete