11/08/2013

My Reaction to 'Zalfie' | Fangirl view

Hello everyone!! this blog post is very out of context & may not make any sense but I just need to say my opinion about 'Zalfie' (The relationship name of Zoella and PointlessBlog
First off, I know this isn't any of my business but I just love them so so much, I just want them to know (if they ever saw this) that I 100% support them and agree with every decision they made!

For months and months, my twitter feed was spammed with "ZALFIE OMG1!!1!1!" whenever either Zoe or Alfie uploaded a photo together, and this is why I felt bad for them! It seemed as if they couldn't go one day with people automatically assuming that they were a couple ,when at this point they weren't. Can you imagine how annoying that would be? so well done to both of them for handling it so well!! I have to admit, I did think that they would make a cute couple (which they do) and I'm not denying this, but I had enough sense to know the difference between a joke and an invasion of privacy.

Then about 3 days ago, a close friend of their's called Jim Chapman was innocently vlogging his trip to Vidcon in LA, when in the corner of the video was an image of what everyone correctly suspected to be Alfie and Zoe together as someones laptop background. Bless him, poor Jim must of been feeling terrible for accidentally relieving 'Zalfie' when neither of them were ready to announce it! but Jim (if you see this) It was not your fault and an innocent mistake to make, nobody hated you! If anything, we all were worried that it had ruined your friendship with both Alfie and Zoe and we are so happy that it hasn't! 

Now that's out of the way, this is the actual fangirl view on 'Zalfie': perfect. I cannot even express how proud I am of both of them for handling this sticky situation in the best way possible. I was so so worried that since Zoe has severe anxiety, she would panic to this sudden unveiling of her relationship and I still don't know if she didn't, but based on her 'Zalfie'  post, it looked like she handled it perfectly and I am so proud that she did not let it get to her too badly, because that would have made me and most other fans extremely upset. 

Overall, this was such a brave thing to announce to very hormonal and excitable teenagers and I have so much respect for both Alfie and Zoe for following their hearts despite what their fans wanted, and more like ordered. 
Also, they have asked to keep their relationship private as they want their relationship to be between each-other as it rightly should, and I know that posting this probably is breaking that ask, but I just wanted both of them to know that I, along with thousands of others completely support there decision
and after this post, I promise not to mention it ever again :)
From the whole fanbase, we wish them both loads of happiest and we're so happy that they are happy together :)

Thank you for reading if you did, but I don't mind if you didn't because this is a pretty picky post that could be hard to understand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment