10/08/2013

Harry Potter Land | Warner brothers studio tour #1

Hello everyone!! so on Thursday, me and my family embarked on a literal magical journey to the wizarding world of Harry Potter in London! I will admit it, I am a secret potterhead & i'm not afraid to admit it! 
The first harry potter film (Harry Potter and the philosophers stone) came out in 2001 when I was 3, so I have basically grown up with flying cars and magic spells, a bit deceiving & disappointing to reality but it was so nice to watch the harry potter grow and finally visit the sets that I spent most of my younger years 'oohing' and 'awing' at!
I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I screamed when I saw the harry potter sign!
((I strongly suggest around now that you once again grab a cup of your preferred hot drink & 2 biscuits!))
*Spoilers alert now, if you are going soon or plan to go soon, don't read!*
 Me and my fabulous mother outside of the entrance!

My very excited self putting my hand in Rupert Grint's hand print! (it looks like I have 2 mutate hands im scared)

 ACTUAL chess pieces from the ACTUAL first film! 

My hand is Daniel Radcliffe's hand print *squeals* 

 All the portraits and pictures of harry potter characters that were in the entrance (yes the camera already came out in the entrance)

I found Luna Lovegood's potrait! After many years of deciding, I can say that Luna is my absolute favourite character because her character is so random but yet wise, I love it! There is also another reason why she is my favourite character and that is because of how the actress, Evanna Lynch got the role of lovely Luna. 
Evanna Lynch wrote to JK Rowling at the age of 11 to look for hope I guess as she was severely anorexic and was literally fighting death. To her surprise, JK Rowling responded in the way a counsellor would, saying how "anorexia is destructive, not creative, and the brave thing was not to succumb to it."
Obviously, this lead to back and forth letters to each-other when eventually Evanna mentioned how she would love to be in a film & so JK Rowling accepted this and said that she could play Luna once she got better! All it needed was a lot of fighting and movitvation from her idol and Evanna beat Anorexia and lived on to play Luna in the harry potter films, ultimately because JK Rowling saved her life and gave her something to fight for! True Story.
Harry's cupboard under the stairs!

The great hall! where all the houses sat for meals and those are the actual costumes worn by Gryffindor members :)



just some of the costumes :)


The costumes from the yule log ball :) 


Harry, Hermione, and Ron's wigs which i actually don't understand why they have these because their hair looks exactly the same in real life?! 


~~~~Luna's shoes and various costumes~~~



More costumes from harry potter omg I'm so geeky



 Gryfinndor boys dormitory


Gryfinndor common room 


 Harry's invisibility cloak &Ron and Hermione's outfits


 Philosophers stone im crying


 I always wanted a remembrall for some reason hmm


The Weasleys house! Things were actually moving as if magic o0o0o see what I do there 

Well this post is quite long so I think I shall make a part 2? if you want! I love doing posts like this because its so like a diary entry, so you look back on them and think 'aw that was a nice day' & I like recording the memories, whether you like reading them is a different story ha! 
~Thanks for reading~

4 comments:

  1. Such fun!!! My daughter & I have started a Harry Potter movie marathon. Tonight, no 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i could go see that ! Super jealous

    missmajestic2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I'm sure you will one day :) x

      Delete