10/10/2013

Bastille Live!

Hello everyone! I am so sorry that I haven't wrote a decent post in ages, school has just been so stressful at the moment but now I thought would be a perfect time to chat:)
So yesterday (Wednesday) Me, Holly and Lauren went to see Bastille live again! This was my second time seeing them so I knew what dreams were about to come true, but this was the first time Lauren was to see Bastille, So I was slightly excited just thinking about the look on her face when they start playing...
So yesterday after school, us three busily rushed off to go and get changed so we could head to Portsmouth, where we were seeing Bastille as fast as we could, and with a quick Maccy'Ds stop, we arrived at the venue at 4:45. At the time, we were thinking "ah you know, the queue is going to be massive but it will still be a great gig" but when we arrived, there were only about 12 people in front of us! We hurriedly joined the queue and stayed there for 2 hours, before we rushed into the main hall where we grabbed barrier front spots! I can now say that I have been barrier front at a bastille concert!

The support acts were extremely good! you can see the band's name below :) 
Within 10 minutes of Bastille's hour long set, Dan Smith (the singer) had already spotted me and pointed at me!! Then later on, he saw me and Lauren dancing and laughed whilst raising his eyebrows at us, then when I was getting some water he was watching me which made me drop the water (oops). Also later on, he came over and sang the lyric "Hold my hands" to me and we both smiled...I am one lucky girl! Despite all this, Will (The guitarist) was lovely and kept glancing at me and my friends! I then got to hug Woody when he leaned into the crowd :')
I have to say, Bastille are one of the best bands anyone can say live! For example, during their song "flaws" Dan dissapeared off the stage and appeared on the top balcony, so all the fans up there got to hug him and see him up close which I thought was very thoughtful! 
As I am writing this now, I am smiling so hard that my cheeks are hurting! Definately shall be seeing these boys again for the 3rd time :)

Tour name: Bad Blood
Support Acts: Bipolar Sunshine & To kill a king 
 Me and Lauren :) (Lauren's on the left)
 Holly, Lauren & Me in that order :)
 To kill a king
 To Kill a king
 To kill a king





 Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you saw them live! OMG I LOVE Bastille, you are so lucky
    It would be super cool if you could check out my blog :)
    xxx
    http://pink-puffins.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will soon, they don't stop touring! thank you ahhhh xxx

      Delete