26/07/2013

Secret Post | Little Things

Hello Everyone!! Earlier today I was going through some old documents when I found a document called "Little Things" which I don't remember ever existing, So as most people do I decided to open it and see what it was about. Funnily enough, It was a blog post from before I was even blogging! I read through and it isn't half bad, slightly cheesy but a good message! So, I thought I would show you!

Have you ever seen something little that has put a smile on a face? Like animals taking care of each other or nice texts? You’d be surprised how much little things every now and then can really make you happy.

About a year ago, I was really upset about something I can’t quite remember (show’s how important it was) My parents were about to go food shopping and I thought it wouldn't do me any favours to stay at home and just sit there and cry, so I decided to go with them. I didn't think this trip would cheer me up at all but it was just a distraction. So I grabbed my Ipod, headphones and headed for the car whilst the parents were getting bags for the food. We set off on our journey to ASDA and I was just sitting in the back listening to music and thinking about why I was upset. This then led to me getting even more upset...

We passed many fields of sheep and various farm animals on our way, but about halfway there we went down this road with two steep hills facing us on either side of the car. I thought nothing of this seeing as I’ve been down it before, but near the end when the hills started to decline back down to earth, on the side of one hill was a smiley face made out of hubcaps. It’s a bit silly really but this little touch on the side of the hill brought a smile back to my face. The effort someone had to go through to get 15 hubcaps, climb up the side of the steep hill and create a smiley face, that’s what made me smile. The fact the society has got so selfish and unpleasant, and yet there are still people out there who put the effort into little things. This one person had potential pulled me back and made me realised that not everyone is bad, that there are still nice caring people out there.

So my message really is never think nobody cares, because people you least expect too can pick you back up. It may be a little smile here and there, or a compliment but even these little things can make someone’s day.

Now it’s your turn. I want you to do a little thing every day. Like I said, it could be a smile here and there or just offering to help someone on an everyday task, just these little things could make someone smile: It could make someone feel like you care. Whenever someone looks down, go make sure there okay, whether you know them or not.  I’ll be happy to know if you’ve helped even one single person to have a better day, this is good enough for me 

Well, that was a sneaky secret post, I hope it made some sense! This also links nicely to my new page that I have created. It's called "Feeling Down?". I have found some links to websites from something called "The Quiet Place Project" that will help you when you feel sad, 

~Thanks for reading~
|Twitter|

4 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster award!
    http://emilyjanesworld.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster Award. All details are in my blog.

    ReplyDelete