16/07/2013

Swanage | A weekend getaway with the school

Hello again! It's been so long since I last posted, sorry! but unfortunately the hostel me and my school stayed in ,in Swanage had no internet access which was torture for me, seeing as I'm an internet addicted teenager...
But anyway, as a Geography trip, me and about 50 fellow students went to Swanage to study coastal protection & erosion blah blah blah because as it turns out, Swanage is practically getting torn apart by the sea (well not all of it, just cliffs and stuff but you know, i just want to make a completely dull subject exciting) So, for the past 4 days I have been a tourist & took lots of photos that I thought I would share with you :-)
So the first place we visited was Barton-On-Sea, because the cliffs were falling apart and I actually have no idea why I took this picture, just that it looks like it should belong in Spain or something. We picked such a good weekend to go because It was so so hot, I got burnt on the first day ha!
We then headed over to a hill (which I can't remember the name of) to see a bay and a headland, then we had a really long & boring lecture about how they are formed, followed by an hour and a half of classroom work every night.
After the classroom, we headed out to Swanage and chilled on the beach for a while (by this time if was about 9 ish) and we decided to take a nice picture on the beach but this is what happened instead, I don't even know what we are doing but we call this 'posing'.
After this awkward attempt at a beach picture, we went to the arcade where we didn't win anything sadly :( 
Our second day in Swanage, we went to Visit Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove, which are really famous for being naturally beautiful and I see why! the only thing that ruined it was that it was so hot and we were trekking around so I didn't full appreciate it... still really beautiful though! 
(This isn't Durdle dorr but it was still beautiful and definately looks like it should be in a exotic country)
Cheeky panoramic view
This is  Lulworth Cove, probably one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! honestly, if you're going to Swanage soon, go here because its all good seeing it as a photo, but when you see it with you're own two eyes it is really breathtaking.
Ta da! This is Durdle door, a giant arch in rock which people drive off and swim through! It also had such a beautiful beach, honestly one of the best beaches I have visited in my 15 years of life!

This was the other side of Durdle Door, now does that look like England?! Look at the sea!

Well those are most of the pictures I took, It was honestly a really good trip (although I'm sure I sweated a literal ocean over the past four days & we did a lot of work) everyone was really nice and the weather was a bit hot but absolutely brilliant! Overall, I think we visited about 7 beaches, maybe 8 in total whilst in Swanage!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Do you like these 'photo album' kind? I'm trying to add more photos instead of having a huge lump of writing.
Only 2 and a half days of school until Summer Holidays!
~Thanks for reading~
P.s One of my favourite bands recently released their debut album, well you can pre-order it but it comes out soon! They are called Cast of Lions (previously Chapters) and honestly, their music is so unique and special. They are a really small band so go and check them out!
Here is the website

|Twitter|




2 comments:

  1. This place looks incredible! and your pictures are awesome by the way!

    I've only recently started blogging (anythingandeverythingofeverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk) and so it's nice to see what other people are writing about!

    Best wishes, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thank you! Congrats on making a blog, I hope you have fun with it :) xx

    ReplyDelete