20/05/2013

Day out In Brighton

Hello everyone! Well, If you have seen my previous Monday posts you will know that I normally do 'Music Monday' but unusually, I have a pretty exciting weekend that, if it's ok, I'd like to share with you :) 
Well, So on Saturday me and my friends Becca, Holly and Lauren went to the pretty coastal city of Brighton to see The Midnight Beast (which was ironic because there gig was actually at midday) and Bastille at The Great Escape Festival! I used to go to Brighton a lot when I was younger so It was nice to revisit a part of my childhood with good friends and great bands!
Two of my favorite bands in one place at the same time woah

We joined the queue for The Midnight Beast as we were standing and I'm glad we did when we did because within about 10 minutes the queue had reached the end of the high street and we actually made it into the local newspaper for road blocking! 
So, since the last time I went to Brighton I was about 6 or 7 (a good 8 years ago woah) so obviously I was too young to understand why Brighton was so popular with the men and just my luck, there was a ladyboy festival on close by, it was quite interesting though. 
Long story short, The Midnight Beast were absolutely amazing as expected, although I don't think I have ever been hotter in the crowd! We all came out a bit starstruck as The band had pointed at us in songs numerous times. But we headed to the stage door to see if we could meet them but unfortunately everyone had had the same idea and we didn't get to meet them (just yet) Although, behinds there was a gay strip going on in the middle of the street. My innocence is gone and I'm officially disturbed.

From left to right: Me, Lauren, Becca
(Holly doesn't like photos so she took it instead)
 So now we had the awkward couple of hours to kill before Bastille at 7:30 pm. So we decided to get some lunch and head down to Brighton Beach :)

It was so so nice to finally it sit down after the 5 hours of standing, and next to Brighton pier was a bonus! It was weird because even though TMB (The Midnight Beast) had apparently left, I still felt that they were in Brighton but me being obsessive, I thought it was just another one of my fantasy's.
We headed back to the venue's and wondered around for a while, just exploring, When I looked to my left to see Ashley (one of the band members) overtaking me! He was then followed by the rest of the band and the band's girlfriends! Obviously by this point I was freaking out and the dancers who had gone in front of us started to laugh. Unfortunately, I didn't go up to them as I got a vibe that they didn't want me to as they were with there girlfriends, So me and my friends kept our distance and pretended to watch the street act that they were watching. We then hung around for a bit just discussing what had actually just happened when there Van started to leave. The van had windows that you couldn't see in but they could see you, so I don't even want to know what they thought of us! But I just gave a sweet wave and turned my back to them (nicely of course, just to show that I'm not trying to stalk them)
The van started to move but then came to an abrupt stop, to which Stefan Abingdon (my inspiration and favorite band member) got out of the van to come and see us! I got a hug, we had a little chat and a joke or two, and then this happened!
I get butterflies everytime I see this because he means so much to me and I have been waiting to get a photo with him for almost two years! My eyes are saying 'oh my god Stefan Abingdon is holding me' so that's why I look a bit murderous!
Ok, all joking aside ,this was the actual time they left and I was over the moon with what just happened! Thank you Holly for taking the picture! :) 
By this time it was Bastille next! Which really topped of the day as they were incredible, definitely one of the best concerts anyone can ever experience, I can't wait to see them again in October!
We were seated and this was a pretty good view!

Well that was my day! It was full of celebrities (we bumped into Rizzle Kicks at least twice) tame squirrels  (they would just climb up you leg to get food in your hand) and really nice people! (everyone is Brighton is SO nice, we could talk to anyone and get along with them, we even made some new friends)
Sorry, this post has been so long, but I hope you enjoyed it :)
~Thanks for reading~



No comments:

Post a Comment