20/02/2013

Confessions of a fangirl

Hello everyone! How is life? Well basically It occurred to me whilst I was stalking celebrities and searching Google maps for their houses that you can get attached to someone/something so easily without really knowing them, just from a couple videos off youtube and BOOM before you know it you're waiting up until 2 am for a new video. Oh, you don't do that? just me? ok.

So yeah, this post is a bit random but it's really weird how we can know celebrities as well as we know our bestfriend's, but not know them personally. Like, we could be joking around with them and tweeting them like you've been friend for ages, when most of the time you've never even met them. It's also amazing how these people can make you think differently about your life. For instance, The Midnight Beast taught me not to take life too seriously, and Dan & Phil taught me that you can be someone without really having a talent, even if you're not good at singing or performing. Some bands have even saved lives just by saying wise words like 'you're beautiful' that makes that one fan feel beautiful. I think this is why we freak out when our idols tweet us or something. It's hard to get my head around because they're just normal people with a superior status, and yet we think of them so high and mighty that they might as well be a god or something.
It's also weird how much they mean to us. If I didn't have youtubers to watch, bands to obsess over, I don't know what I'd be doing with my life (probably something more useful like studying but hey ho) but in all seriousness, for me, my idols are the ones who can cheer me up when nobody else can. Just by watching a video or two. I know this is a teenage phase and that it will all blow over and soon I'll snap back to reality, but it's nice always having somebody to look up to.


~ Thank you for reading *high five* ~
Yes I am a fangirl how did you guess





3 comments:

  1. Great post. However... you don't grow out of it, you may change your mind about bands but you still secretly follow everything they do.
    E.g my mom loved Donny Osmond when she was younger, and when he's on the tv now she still goes all fan-girly. So don't worry about, just embrace it (not too much though lol) :)

    LL xx

    Http://www.lynseyluu.blogspot.co.uk



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Haha that's really sweet! Oh I love being a fangirl, it means there is always something to look forward too haha :) I love your store by the way xx

      Delete
    2. Aww thanks :) (I'm a fangirl too shhh) ;)

      LL xx

      Delete