01/02/2013

Popularity

Hello, right ok this is quite a unplanned post. This post is about 'popularity' and how useless it is. I'm not popular, and I'm happy that I'm not. 

Why? because it's all fake. Every part of it. Most people would describe the word 'popular' as having a lot of friends, going to huge house raves or whatever etc etc but if you look at it in depth, it's the complete opposite. You may think you have loads of friends, but in fact you probably only have one or two real ones. I have seen loads of situations where a group of popular's will act all friendly to each others faces,but then (excuse my language)*bitch* behind their backs. Popular's are literally the definition of judgmental. They don't stop judging people.Yeah ok, you may think 'At least I'll never be lonely' or whatever but the fact is everyone outside of the popular group does not see you as a person, but as a 'popular'. Here is a diagram (sorry you can't really read it)
The middle circle represents your crew full of cocky over-confident popular's. It represents the people who like you. The big blue circle represents every other student in the school,The people who aren't really keen on you. 
So as you can see, Yeah you may have friends but they're the only people who will like you. Obviously, 'populars' are not born this way *cue Lady Gaga* but society makes them this way. 
The sad thing is that because you're popular, people always expect you to look nice and dress your best. This could really affect your self confidence levels as you would feel you're never enough for anyone. This is why I would hate to maintain the standards of 'popularity' and If to be popular you're not aloud to best yourself, than I'm much happier being unpopular, if that's what society wants to call it. 

Also, where will popularity get you in life? You can't get a job by saying "I was popular though" So don't let the popular's make you feel bad about yourself, because they're the ones wasting their time. 

I understand that this post could be seen as rude, but I'm just sick of the popular people thinking they run the school. They close their selves off to the popular people, but there are so many nice people who I would never had met if I was popular. 
Also, I understand that not all populars are like this (only about 99%) so if you're popular and part of that 1% who are nice to others and act human, not almighty superior overloads than this hug goes out to you *hugs* 

~as always, thank you for reading.~

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't popular and I too was pleased not to be, however I did have a lot of friends across different circles. I tend to think of School as Mean Girls these days and am so pleased I'm a grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School basically is like Mean girls nowadays! I can't wait to go to college haha :) x

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately college is practically the same :/ but it shows the people who can grow up from school and not. Great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? oh. I guess,I'm still looking forward to escaping from school though haha. Thank you! Your posts are always amazing :) xx

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with you! I have an amazing group of girl friends who I keep close to me and I would take them over being 'popular' any day.
    The truth is in a few years time when everyone else is finishing up with education,getting jobs,starting families, no one is really going to remember who they are.
    There was a girl at my college last year that had a party and for her guest list she numbered it according to who she liked the most, so pathetic!

    http://meganlr.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Exactly, Popularity won't get you anywhere. Really?! That's so pathetic, and quite rude actually. I used to do that in year 6,Not college! Thank you for commenting :) x

      Delete