11/01/2013

Let's stop


Be the Best Version of You

*WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN DEEP FEELINGS*
Girls, this post goes out to you. How many times have you compared yourselves to a prettier, smarter and overall better girl? Yeah, me too. I don’t know where this came from or in which time period it developed, but girls seem to have the tendency to compare themselves to others: this is when I wish I was a boy and couldn't give an F…flip. 


 Unfortunately, Girls are known to worry and over think things. Every girl has that image in her head of what she wished she looked like, and then when you see another girl who has something you desire, that’s when we start comparing ourselves. There have been plenty of times where I've seen people is the street and thinking 'I wish I looked like her, oh I wish I was that skinny, I wish I had her fashion sense,' I wish…I wish. And you know what? I've had enough of it.  I’m fed up of getting myself down because I’m not that person. I’m fed up of comparing myself to others when I have a lot of myself to be proud about. It’s a vicious cycle, but that girl who has that hair you want or the face you want also compares herself to others. She also wishes for better skin or better legs or whatever it maybe. The fact is, you may not think you’re beautiful because you’re you, you look at yourself every day in the mirror and you have just got used to that reflection. But someone out there is jealous of at least one (or more) of your features, you're desirable, with all your imperfections and flaws. So, the next time you compare yourself to somebody, just remember somebody is comparing there selves to you. I can guess you’re thinking “me? Why compare yourselves to me? I’m just me.” But Like I said, you see yourself every day in the mirror, somebody who’s admiring you doesn't see your reflection every day and so see’s your beauty that you've gotten used to.


Look, what I’m trying to get a here is to be proud of who you are, because although you may not have that special quality or look that you oh-so-desperately desire, you have something that someone else is jealous of; you have something that someone else wants that you’re not appreciating. Don’t think ‘I wished I looked like her’ but think I’m proud of who I am. There’s always going to be someone better than you (as depressing as that is) so stop searching for them, and appreciate that you’re you, with all your imperfections, and that’s something nobody else can be. I mean unless scientists and electronic engineers get a move on (I mean c’mon it’s 2013, we’re meant to be flying about on hover cars) and create a machine where you can swap lives with someone else, Being you is all you can be.
After all, if everyone was perfect, wouldn't this be a perfectly boring world? 

"Imperfection is Beauty;  Madness is Genius;and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring"

 - Marilyn Monroe  

                                                                                                         ♥enjoy being YOU ♥ 

♥ Once again, thank you for reading ♥
Oh and by the way, this song is beyond relevant to this blog post, and plus everyone needs a bit of blunt. Enjoyyy







No comments:

Post a Comment